Disney Premier Villas™- Disney Villas in Orlando
Affordable Web Design that you control - Haydays Web Design Service
  Home     Forum  
Register   Login  
   Forum:
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Guidelines Guidelines
Other Attractions
 Disney Premier Villas : Other Attractions
Subject Topic: Disney Springs Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mary and Colin
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Online Status: Offline
Community: Orange Tree
Posted: 13 October 2015 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote Mary and Colin

Down town Disney has had a complete make over with lots of new things happening, and as from last week it is now called Disney Springs.
We are heading over in November so will take a trip over to see what has been done.
Here is a link hope it is okay to post.
https://www.disneysprings.com/
I love the Christmas shop and that looks as if it has not changed. From friends that have been over they said it is more the restaurants that have been added. Parking is also getting better finally.

Mary
Back to Top View Mary and Colin's Profile Search for other posts by Mary and Colin Visit Mary and Colin's Homepage

Fozzie
DPV Admin Group
DPV Admin Group

Community: Sunset Ridge
Posted: 13 October 2015 at 6:31pm | IP Logged Quote Fozzie

be interested to hear how the revamp is, we were there a few weeks back and they still had major road works on the approach, so fingers crossed they have finished them

Ray n Sarah
DPV Owner & Forum Moderator

Community:
Posted: 14 October 2015 at 3:04pm | IP Logged Quote Ray n Sarah

No chance of them finishing anytime soon, seems that the mid section that was Peasure Island is still a long way from being finished. Must admit the parking was better, although I think they will have to sort out the entrance and exit better than it was when we were there.

Mary and Colin
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 14 October 2015 at 9:16pm | IP Logged Quote Mary and Colin

Could be fun if it is busy trying to get in and out then.
I will update on improvements after our visit.

Not long now, not that I am counting

Mary
Back to Top View Mary and Colin's Profile Search for other posts by Mary and Colin Visit Mary and Colin's Homepage

madden
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Community: Lake Berkley Resort
Posted: 19 October 2015 at 11:56am | IP Logged Quote madden

Can't wait to see it next year.  I use to love walking round there in November. xxx

Back to Top View madden's Profile Search for other posts by madden Visit madden's Homepage

Mary and Colin
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 20 October 2015 at 7:05pm | IP Logged Quote Mary and Colin

I am looking forward to it as well Maddie. They decorate for Christmas so well, hopefully they will have started.
We got hot chocolate and sat watching some school dance groups last year, it was so nice.
Mary

Mary and Colin
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 09 November 2015 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote Mary and Colin

We took a trip over to Disney Springs yesterday to get our park tickets ready for next week.
What can I say it is not good for parking, plenty of Disney staff on hand directing where to go, but a bit of a walk for some I would say. Some of the roads were blocked off so we had to park on the right and walk over a bridge to get to the shops. It was nice once there the atmosphere was lovely with pockets of music playing at different parts of the walkways.
We had dinner in the T.Rex restaurant and that was nice, not a put on the every visit list but would go again if family want to next year.
The boat house looked lovely, a bit busy for us to wait for dinner as we had an early start today.
We will go back end of next week to see the Christmas bits they were putting up.
Once finished it will be okay as everyone will know where they can and cannot park, which I think is what is off putting for now.
Mary   

madden
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 10 November 2015 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote madden

Thanks for the update Mary.  Hope you and Colin have a wonderful time. When do they think it will be finished? xxx

Back to Top View madden's Profile Search for other posts by madden Visit madden's Homepage

Ray n Sarah

Community:
Posted: 23 November 2015 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote Ray n Sarah

Thanks Mary, I think they need to spend somme time working out how to get traffic in and out of the carparks (multi storey) as currently it is poor, but will have to wait until it is finished, have a great time.

jay1
DPV Owner - 3 bed villa
DPV Owner - 3 bed villa

Community: Sunridge Woods
Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote jay1

Just back from five wonderful weeks. And received an enquiry from Disney Premier which I must admit jogged my memory to come on!
Anyway, parking was fine at Disney Springs now - they are still working on the last part but access straight forward this year and easy.
I hadn't realised they were re-branding the area as Disney Springs, thought they were adding on an island called Disney Springs but see all the signs (but one) now say that instead of Downtown.
As Mary says lots more chances to stop and listen to different entertainment as you go around. I too went to T.Rex with our grandchildren for lunch first day (first time ever) and was pleasantly surprised....feel a bit guilty that we never took our youngest there when he was small (queues always put me off). It's a good start to the Disney experience for the kids and food was fine-passable for that kind of restaurant.

madden
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 4:14pm | IP Logged Quote madden

Thanks Julie for the update.  xxx

Mary and Colin
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 4:36pm | IP Logged Quote Mary and Colin

That sounds much better now, thank you for the update Julie.

We were heading over next month but have put it on hold for the time being, so it is nice to be able to tell guests to go and visit without parking problems.

We have always liked a walk round and look forward to seeing all the new things.

Mary

Mary and Colin
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa
DPV Owner - 5 bed villa

Posted: 31 May 2016 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote Mary and Colin

We never made it over to the villa this month, family things
Has anyone been since they opened all the new shops?

Would love to hear what it is like.

Mary

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version